PROCEDURE FOR FILLING IN DEMANDS AND CLAIMS TO “RusLine” AIRLINE
1. Pre-court (claim) procedure is mandatory for contracts on air carriage of passengers, baggage and cargo except demands/claims lodged as a result of death or/and harm to the passenger’s health.
2. Claim shall be lodged under each flight document separately. One claim may be lodged under several flight documents in case travelling passengers are members of the family (a married couple, parents, children).
2.1. A claim may be lodged against the Carrier by persons listed in article 125 of the Air Code of the Russian Federation in case:
- of loss, shortage, damage to the baggage delay in its delivery, on passenger’s (or a person authorized by the passenger) presentation of the baggage receipt or a commercial act.
- of termination of the air carriage upon an initiative of the Carrier.
- insurance carrier has produced appropriate documents for the air carriage as well as documents avowing insurance contract and insurance payout.
juridical person, including an employer, is not authorized to lodge claims, demands or suits on air carriage.
3. Deadlines for lodging claims against the Carrier:
3.1. in domestic carriage operations: within six-month period. This period shall be calculated as follows:
- from the date following the day of cargo release; as for mail from the date of issuing commercial act for compensation for harm in the event of shortage or damage of cargo or mail and delay in delivery thereof;
- ten days after the period of delivery for compensation for harm in the event of loss of the cargo;
- after the expiry of delivery period for compensation for harm in the event of loss of the mail;
- from the day of the event that may be the cause for lodging claims for compensation for harm in other cases.
3.2. In International Air Carriage Operations:
- In case of damage to baggage or cargo a person, entitled to receive the baggage or cargo, shall write a statement to the Carrier not later than seven days after receipt of baggage and not later than fourteen days after receipt of cargo. In the event of delay in delivery of baggage or cargo, a claim shall be filed within twenty-one days after transfer of baggage or cargo to the person entitled to receive it.
- In other cases – within two-year period from the day of the air carriage operation specified in the contract on air carriage (flight ticket, cargo manifest, baggage tag and others).
4. Claim shall be presented in the written form and contain all necessary information, originals of the required documents shall be attached to have this claim settled. A person lodging a claim shall indicate his/her contact information for feedback communication: actual address of living (including zip code) and/or electronic address.
5. Claim and/or demand can be sent by any available means to the addresses posted to the Airline’s website:
- by post (“in the envelope”) via Airline’s agency – for claims implying original documents;
- by means of e-mail ( scanned copies of documents shall be attached) – for claims and demands where presentation of original documents is not mandatory.
6. A lodger shall attach original documents, confirming financial demands of the claim, to his/her claim. In case of inavailability to produce original documents, their properly executed copies shall be attached. Inavailability to produce original documents shall be confirmed or be evinced in the claim. In this case a lodger shall send information on his/her ineligibility for reimbursement of expenses by the third party: insurance company, employer, ineligibility for paid air carriage and others.
7. Bank instructions of personal local currency settlement account shall be attached to the claim (for non-residents of the Russian Federation, a copy of his/her passport as well) and ORIGINAL documents:
- In case the claim concerns refund for cost for unused air carriage, the passenger shall attach original flight tickets with unused flight coupons/copy of itinerary receipt which contains mark about refusal to fly.
- In case the passenger’s claim concerns refund for difference in air fare tariffs, original flight tickets with unused flight coupons/copy of itinerary receipt containing standard-issue stamp “ service class downgrading”, original boarding pass shall be attached.
- In case the claim concerns reimbursement for baggage loss, the baggage receipt(tag), damage act and all documents, confirming incurred losses, shall be attached.
- In case the claim concerns compensation for delay in baggage delivery, the baggage receipt(tag), damage act and precise information on date of baggage receipt and all documents, confirming incurred losses, shall be attached.
- In case the claim concerns reimbursement for baggage damage, the baggage receipt(tag), damage act and all documents, confirming incurred losses (repareceipt, confermation about shall be attached.
- In case the claim concerns reimbursement for flight delay/cancellation: original boarding passes on actual flight route, receipts, payment receipts and other payment records which confirm the fact of damage to the passenger’s property.
- In case the claim concerns reimbursement for damage: original boarding passes of actual flight route, receipts, payment receipts and other payment records which confirm the fact of damage to the passenger’s property.
Note: “RusLine” Airline shall not be held responsible for failure to connect between flights in case an air carriage cannot be treated as a single operation that means the air carriage is issued on different unrelated flight tickets.
IN CASE OF FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE RULES OF LODGING CLAIMS (ABSENCE OF ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS, INCOMPLETE DOCUMENT SUITE OR OTHERS) “RusLine” AIRLINE SHALL NOT ADMIT SUCH CLAIMS FOR CONSIDERATION; “RusLine” AIRLINE SHALL NOT EXPLAIN THE PROCEDURE OF LODGING CLAIMS: CLAIM IS CONSIDERED NOT TO BE LODGED, PERIOD FOR SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS SHALL NOT BE TERMINATED.
General requirements, established by the Federal law ¹ 59 ÔÇ under date of 02.05.2006 “On the procedures of lodging claims of citizens of the Russian Federation” are applied to submit claims and demands incurred to airlines.
Terms for claim consideration and providing notification of its results shall not exceed 10 days from the date of claim receipt to the airline. Date of receipt is identified by the post stamp or by the note of receipt to an airline employee.
Claims shall not be submitted in the following cases:
- If the claim/demand does not contain surname and/or contact information (specified in item 3.4 of the Regulations) of the person lodging the claim;
- If the claim/demand contains abusing words or words jeopardizing life, health or property of the airlines as well as members of their family;
- If the text of the claim/demand is illegible;
- If the claim/demand contains inquiries Twhich have been already considered and the lodger has received an official response however the lodger does not produce new reasons or arguments;
- If substantive response cannot be given without divulging information which is regarded as confidential, national security or other sensitive information;
- If the claim/demand does not contain any details but only conveys emotional state of the lodger.